.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ms. O'Connor, Your Services Are No Longer Required

By a vote of 58 to 42, Judge Samuel Alito has been elevated to the United States Supreme Court. This is, of course, a point of irritation and consternation amongst the Left. Too bad. Associate Justice O'Connor can now clean out her office, and her deask, making way for a solid constitutionally-minded jurist.

I mean no serious disrespect to outgoing Justice O'Connor; I simply have disagreed with her ideas more than I agree with them. It is much like listening to the "Smart Guys"--John Chapman and Erwin Chemirinsky--on Hugh Hewitt's show, and knowing that Erwin's a nut. I respect him, as a person, but I dislike his ideas regarding jurisprudence.

Justice Alito was sworn in shortly after his successful vote by Chief Justice John Roberts--the judicial and Constitutional Oaths--and he will be seated amonst his collegaues on the high court tonight during the president's State of the Union speech.

Now, I know that people have already razzed me, via E-mail, about my bad prediction. Well, every dog has their day, and I had mine with Roberts. I can assure our readers that when the next justice steps down, that mistake will not be made again. Send your regards to Sabrina as she was closest between the three of us to nail the vote count.

As a matter of fact, the next jurist to come up will most definitely incite World War III; the next one will tip the balance back to it's proper position. So, let's all gather 'round and pray for the next one to step down by the end of this court's current session. Don't pray for their death, you sick puppies; just pray for the step down. And ... remember the list. It will be prominent in the months to come when that next jurist decides that they've had enough with the high court.

Publius II

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ate crow on my first prediction of 70 votes for Alito. I should have known not to trust most democrat. My last prediction was right on with 58-42. Rawriter

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product