.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Conflicting reports stated that Pope John Paul II has died. The Vatican has denied such reports, including stating the the news that his EEG was flatlined. The Vatican has stated that no such machine in the papal apartment, therefore, there is no flatline.

I know that this is a tough thing to handle this week. He took a turn for the worse about a week ago, and we Catholics knew he wasn't long for this world. It will be sad when the man does die. But death, as we have been reminded this week, is a part of life, and it is inevitable.

I'm only 18, so I know I have a long life ahead of me. But it doesn't change the fact that I have done more thinking about death this week than I think I have ever done. Terri Schiavo and Pope John Paul II aren't family to me. They aren't friends. I've never met either, but it doesn't mean that I don't feel for them. I do. The Schindlers have my condolences. I'm sorry that America couldn't stop the death of your daughter.

And Catholics around the world will grieve for the passing of a great pontiff. Though I did not share many of his political ideas--such as his condemnation of the US going to war; typical for ANY church--I do agree with him on many of the tenets of faith that he tried to uphold. He tried to follow the Scriptures as best he could, and truly believed in the sacrifice of Christ to save our souls.

It will be a sad day when he does pass on.

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product