.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

This Was No Chicken Coming Home To Roost: It Was A PAIR Of Proud Soldiers Kicking Butt.

(UPDATED & BUMPED to the top. Scroll down for the additional comments from this town hall meeting from another veteran. This was originally posted at around 7 am this morning, but the guys at Mudville Gazette also found the new remarks. With Thomas' approval, I bumped this to the top of the page because of it's importance.)

Recently on C-Span Congressmen Moran and Murtha held a town hall meeting. They were confronted by one Sgt. Mark Seavey, a former Army infantryman. Sgt. Seavey served over in Afghanistan, and he was not pleased with recent comments by Rep. Murtha.

Hat-Tip: Michelle Malkin/Mudville Gazette)

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/004016.html
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004240.htm

Rep. Murtha began with this, which is the same old song and dance that we have heard from the Left for about two years.

In an emotional two-hour public forum in Arlington last night on the Iraq war, one of the Bush administration's chief critics, Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.), renewed his call for an immediate pullout, saying, "We've become the enemy."

Before a crowd of about 600 people that spilled out of the auditorium and into an overflow room and the street, Murtha accused the Pentagon of ignoring a drop in recruitment levels and tolerating such problems in Iraq as low morale and shortages of body armor and other equipment.

"Instead of taking on the real problems, they face it with rhetoric," he said. " 'Murtha's hurting recruiting,' " the congressman said. "They say, 'You're hurting the effort and hurting the troops.' That's what so frustrating to me."


Sgt. Seavey took the podium first, and he showed Rep. Murtha and Rep. Moran how stupid they really are. THIS is what needs to be done more to the fools in Congress (Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, Biden, Schumer, etc.) every time they bring up anything regarding the troops. These people do not care about them. They only care about their own petty, insignificant lives. And it irritates the Hell out of me when they dare to invoke the troops. Sgt. Seavey gave two of the cut-and-runners a piece of his mind.

"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

"Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

"And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high."

Moran - who is one of the few congressmen supporting Charlie Rangel's call to restore the draft - responded quickly: "That wasn't in the form of a question, it was in the form of a statement. But, uhh... let's go over here." And he took the next question.

That was not in the form of a response to Sgt Seavey in any way shape or form.

Sergeant, thank you. On behalf of my brother serving with his fellow Rangers in Afghanistan who is unable to personally tell John Murtha, disgraced former Marine, cut-and-run chicken, and all-around pain in the ass, where he can go, I thank you with all my heart. Thank you for standing up for the troops in harm's way that these idiots could care less about.


But Sgt. Seavey was not the only one to give these two yo-yos a piece of his mind. Gen. Louis C. Wagner, a Vietnam veteran, stood up and spoke up.

Hello Mr Moran I'm General Wagner. I'm here tonight, I decided to come at 7:30. And I'll tell you the reason I came at 7:30 is because I want an answer to a letter, to a friend of ours. She wrote this letter to Mr. Murtha, where she pointed out to him that he was causing the insurgents to bring more activity against the soldiers in Iraq, just as the traitors did during the Vietnam war. I was fighting in 1972 with the Vietnamese when people were cavorting with the North Vietnamese.
Her son was killed today.


I got the message at 7:30 tonight, and I'll tell you, I wasn't going to waste my time coming here because I knew the trash that was going to be put out. But I'm really mad. Because what is being put out is being used to incite the insurgents to continue this war, just as it incited General Giap to consider the Vietnam war.


He hasn't answered her letter, Mr Moran, but I want to read a paragraph to you. I think its a little instructive:


"I have faith in our military leaders and believe that they are making the necessary steps to train the Iraqi forces and provide for our eventual withdrawal. I also have faith in our executive branch, that they are taking the necessary steps to help the new Iraqi government to get a democratic style government in place and to give them at least a chance of success. Although mistakes were made in the execution of the war and its aftermath, the goal itself is worthy, and in spite of all the negativity that we are constantly bombarded with I believe that there have been some remarkable successes.


"Although my son would surely" - and this, incidentally, this is the one that was killed today - "would surely prefer to stay home with his wife and four young children" - from 10 to 2, I'm adding that - "he is both a soldier and a scholar, he understands that we are in a vital long term struggle against a dangerous ideology, and he is willing to make the necessary sacrifices to defeat it. It is a difficult struggle and will require patience and fortitude both on and off the battlefield. If we lose our will at home, it makes the task for our soldiers all the more difficult. I believe your comments were irresponsible and are contributing to the loss of national will. If they were made to obtain political advantages I would find that abhorrent and unworthy of a former Marine."


Sir, I'm mad. Because that is happening every day when I read the newspapers. I visit Walter Reed, and talk to the young soldiers with their legs blown off. I know you do too.I can't find one in a dozen that don't believe that they are fighting for a noble cause and are fighting to go back. And I think it's a disgrace when members of our congress, just as they did in 1975 when they sold out the South Vietnamese, are selling out our soldiers today in Iraq.


Thank you sir. (no applause)

The half-assed response was precisely that: half-assed, and full of barking moonbat talking points.

Well... uh... Ge.. General... uh.. uh.. we're not gonna end... uh... I'll respond.
But..., um... I.. I do respect your point of view, I know it is widely shared. Uhh... and, um..., and I respect your service in the military.


Uhhh.. I do support the troops, and I do believe that the best way for me to support the troops is to make sure that when they do go to war its a war that needs to be fought. Uh... I... (applause) I... In response to the first two... I don't want the applause, because its going to be interpreted that I'm appealing to the audience. But the, uh... with regard to having faith in the troops I do have faith in our troops, and... uh... but with regard to having faith in uhh... the government that sent them, I don't, and the reason I don't is because they deliberately... is because the reasons that we were giving... given to go to war in Iraq were not accurate, uhhh, and, um, uh, and uh we have now found that Saddam didn't have weapons of mass destruction, there wasn't reliable evidence that he did. He was not a threat to the United States despite any number of attempts in any number of speeches to uhhh... tie Saddam Hussein to the attacks of 9/11 he had nothing to do with it. So our going into Iraq was not in response to any attack, or even real threat to the United States, and it seems to me it uhh... it failed on that and any number of other reasons for being a war that was of necessity.

What irritates me more than anything is the fact that the congressman lied. He lied straight through his teeth. Why does he claim that there were no weapons of mass destruction when we have found plenty of components, and plenty of records showing that he had programs ongoing at the time of our invasion. Does Rep. Moran disregard the 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium seized by US forces on June 23, 2004? How about the chemical weapons lab we stormed on August 8, 2005 which housed the largest cache of chemical agents to date in the war? Saddam Hussein was in possession of WMDs and their components.

Continuing, there were no speeches delivered in an official capacity where the administration stated solidly that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9/11, but there were plenty of connections that he had to al-Qaeda, including training them in the use of chemical weapons, and the use of Salman Pak--a terrorist training camp that specialized in showing those there how to hijack jetliners. The "imminent threat" (which was NEVER stated by the president directly despite moonbat carpings to the contrary) that the president was referring to was the connections Saddam Hussein had to al-Qaeda.

These fools in Congress can make all the little meetings and speeches they want, but they cannot rebut the truth. The truth is that this invasion was more than warranted, and it was a necessity. We needed to stop the collaboration between our direct enemy (al-Qaeda), and any of their supporters (the Taliban and Saddam Hussein, currently). That is what the invasion of Iraq was about. Representatives Murtha and Moran need to quit trying to revise history. Too many people know the truth about the war, and it is tough to put the genie back in the bottle once it has been released.

The Bunny ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product