.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Your Honor, I Would Like A Redress

Or at least an addendum, maybe? Okay I know that Thomas went a little loopy last night with this post, but after consideration, I do have to agree with him on this much.

Music is influential in my life, as well.

So influential that last night I heard a song, and the first thought that ran through my head was "Do not give up." The song was Lean On Me, and it starts with a message:

Sometimes in our lives,
we all have pain,
we all have sorrow.
But if we are wise,
we know that there's
always tomorrow.

Lean on me,
when you're not strong and
I'll be your friend.

I'll help you carry on,
for it won't be long
'til I'm gonna need
somebody to lean on.

I kid you not, but the first thing I thought of was this post by this post by Hugh Hewitt. The hope has not died. As a matter of fact, we have exhibited the epitome of Corey Hart's Number One eighties hit "Never Surrender."

We have no intention of doing so. Roll over and die? In Your Wildest Dreams. We have not yet begun to fight. If you think that Ohio was a precursor of what was to come, think of what Indiana, Arizona, New York, and Mississippi? You are kidding, right? LOL.

Then I guess you have missed the one thing that cannot be broken in conservatives. We are tenacious bastards. No, we are not going away. Like the blogosphere, we are just getting started. If the Democrats that they would have an easy go in 2006, they need to rethink that strategy. It will not work. We are already tending to the wounds created by our own fallibilities. Where are the Democrats on theirs?

Oh yes, they are still hammering away on the war. As if they could do better. They would rather deliver us Waterloo. In fact, the song provides us with that insight:

My my, at Waterloo Napoleon did surrender
Oh yeah, and I have met my destiny in quite a similar way
The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

Sound familiar? It does to me every time I venture into the chat rooms, and see the uneducated, freakish posts put up by the Left there. This is a place that even the elites would rather simply beat their heads against the desk than try to engage the unhinged moonbats in their native area. But we do, from time to time (sometimes Time After Time), and it is scary for the average person. For us, it is just Another Day.

If what the best they have to offer is retreat, is impeachment, is dhimmitude then I choose the other. I choose the side the talking heads claim is losing. I choose the side that stands for this nation rather than subjugation. I am sorry if that seems harsh, but I view the world in black and white; there is little in the realm of gray for me when it comes to America, and the outcome of this war.

Let them say what they wish. Let them be Delirious in their delusions. But we are climbing Jacob's Ladder, and in the end, we will be Winning It All:

I’m closing up - I’m closing in
Couldn’t wait for this moment to come
Couldn’t wait for this day to begin
Won’t be afraid - got so much pride
And I’ve never been a loser
And I just can’t lose tonight

Winning it all -ain’t gonna walk away
Giving it all - no matter what you say
Ain’t gonna fall - don’t wanna lose today
Winning it all

And we are closer to that goal than the Democrats give us credit for.

The Bunny ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product