.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

This Ends Now: I'm Pulling A Trump

This is my signature song. I hate to say it, but it exhibits many facets of my life. This little war of lyrics is over. Not that she can't post furhter, if she so desires, but I am done. When I have to pull this one out, I'm done. This song, as far as I'm concerned says it all for me.

I refuse to stand outside the fire. I choose to walk within it, and make a stir while I'm at it. And it doesn't matter who it is that's causing the stir; I'll meet them head-on. No, don't bring up the incident from yesterday. That's not engagement. That's spite. That was hatred. That was pure vitriol and stupidity. I stated it then, and I'll state it again: Anyone who disagrees with us, feel free to post comments. We'll challenge your post. We'll engage. But we won't address blind, stupid hatred.

So, for those who feel we back down, I do feel sorry for you. We don't do that. We stand up. We stand within the fire of criticism. If we're wrong, we'll apologize and do what's appropriate to make amends. If we're right, then honestly, just deal with it.

Personally, for me, this song represents a lot about me. I don't back down. I don't apologize for ruffling feathers. And if I see I've gotten to you, I'm only going to press that advantage. You want to beat me or Marcie, I suggest you learn to outwit us. Not an easy task, by any stretch of the imagination, but give it a go.

See if you can stand in the fire where we hold the line.

We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk it the tables being turned


We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame
That always come with getting burned


But you got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire


We call them strong
Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall


We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance love might exist
And for that forsake it all


They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire


Chorus:
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire


There's this love that is burning
Deep in my soul
Constantly yearning to get out of control
Wanting to fly higher and higher
I can't abide standing outside the fire


Repeat Chorus (twice)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product