.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Friday, July 15, 2005

This Needs To Be Addressed

Marcie and I love to blog. We do so as best we can, and present our arguments as intelligently as possible. Neither of us live in a bubble, and we’re well aware that we have detractors. However, this morning when I posted about the Chief Justice’s refusal to step down, and proceeded forward as to why the issue of judges is so important in this nation, I had no idea I was going to set a reader off on a hate-filled rant.

The commenter is someone who posted under the "anonymous" option, yet signed their name. I have no idea if "Brad" is the person’s real name, and frankly I don’t care. What WE will not tolerate on our blog is profanity. Both Marcie and I take care with what "foul" language we use. We take care to keep it at a bare minimum, and if no other word fits, we will censor ourselves. Both of us have done this. (I know on a couple of occasions I have censored the word, or derivatives of the word "F**K" accordingly in my own posts. Marcie prefers to use @$$.)

I have yet to find a way to delete "Brad’s" profanity laced retort to yet another commenter on our site. I have no idea how many of our regular or "guest" readers actually look at the comments, but the profanity stops now, or I’ll disable the ability to comment on ANY posts. This is a move I’m reluctant to make as I don’t think it’s fair to punish all readers for the stupidity of one. But I want this nipped in the bud. This site is not DailyKos: This spew is not acceptable.

If you want to be a moonbat, and personally attack us, fine. Show your stupidity. Marcie and I have no problem dealing with such attacks. Another commenter, sort of a default moderator for the comments, goes by the name Mistress Pundit. She was the one personally attacked by "Brad." I don’t tolerate these sorts of attacks on me, on Marcie, or on any commenter on this site. For the time being, comments on my post from this morning are hereby disabled, and will be hidden. It is my responsibility, as agreed upon between Marcie and I, as editor-in-chief of this site to deal with this. As of right now, I am.

A word of warning to those expletive-spewing moonbats out there: I’m a "benevolent dictator" on my site. Don’t ruin other’s experience on our site. I will shut down ALL comments if this doesn’t stop. People who come here regularly enjoy our writing, and enjoy a new level of insight. If you don’t like what we have to say, there are plenty of blogs on the Left side of the spectrum your can visit. I suggest DailyKos, Atrios, or Andrew Sullivan.

We don't shy away from those that challenge us. But "Brad's" rant was just plain tasteless and completely unacceptable. For those that are regular readers, and would like to comment on this morning's post, you have my E-mail address. Comment that way for that particular post.

Publius II

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have been a Kos kid. I don't blame you for shutting him down!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product