.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's Been Fun, But I'm Done

Yes, it has been fun coming back to the old stomping grounds, and stomping mud in the backside of the liberals. But, alas, my time here is done. At least for now. The kids will be right back here tomorrow, doing what they do best. I would like to answer one little question that a few e-mailers have sent to me.

Why do I call Thomas and Marcie "the kids?"

Simply put, they're younger than I am. Thomas is about ten years my junior, and Marcie is about fourteen years his junior. Don't let their age difference fool you, and don't let their age fool you. they're smarter than they let on, and wisdom that is well beyond their years. And as I never married and had kids, they're like my adopted kids. They have always been that way, and will continue to be so until I die. It's just that simple.

And I'd also like to emphasize that the kids are good people. They're smart, they're tenacious, and they're a bane to liberals because of how intelligent they are. These two had deeply held opinions before they started their original sites, which was later united here, at The Asylum. But this medium--blogging--has given them not only a release for those ideas, but also gave them a community that could understand them. They don't have many that do comprehend the world on the level that they do, nor do they know many people who pay as close attention as possible to current events. For an example of that astute scrutiny, venture over to the home of their monthly column. The editor, Thomas Lindaman, doesn't take sub-par or half @$$ed submissions. The kids are good, and they show it everyday.

It's up to the kids whether or not I come back. I know they've been watching the site unfold over the last ten days, or so, and aside from the Foley snafu when thie story first broke a just over a week ago, they've been pleased with the work I've done. (Of course they were also pleased by the links I tacked down for them at Hot Air and Hugh Hewitt.) That, however, is beside the point. It's whether or not I represented the site well. Ideology we share. Talent, on the other hand, is in the hands of the beholder.

I forgot how much I missed doing this. Hopefully, the kids will give me a chance to come back to continue here. If anyone enjoyed my presence here, feel free to drop the kids a line at: MrAndMrsSmithIki@aol.com. Put my name--Sabrina--in the subject line. And that invitation goes out to all the readers of the site. They enjoy getting e-mails, and try to answer as many as possible. And remember that right now, there are two blogging here. Address the subject line appropriately, because they don't read one another's e-mails. If it's generic, they'll dive into it as though it were adressed to both. But comments and e-mails are always welcomed.

Until then, it has been an honor and a pleasure entertaining and informing all the regular readers of The Asylum and, and the new readers (hopefully) as well. 'Til next we meet ....

Sabrina McKinney

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabrina, you are a blogger! I've enjoyed your blogs. Yes, Thomas and Marcie are very special people. They are ver talended and excellent writers. Hopefully, you won't be a stranger. Rawriter

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product