.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Asylum

Welcome to the Asylum. This is a site devoted to politics and current events in America, and around the globe. The THREE lunatics posting here are unabashed conservatives that go after the liberal lies and deceit prevalent in the debate of the day. We'd like to add that the views expressed here do not reflect the views of other inmates, nor were any inmates harmed in the creation of this site.

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Congratulations are in order ...

I often speak fondly of my wife, and rightly so. She has been the "rock" in my world. Neither of us speak much of our lives together, but today is a special day.

I thank God that she is in my life. It was her that first wanted to meet me. (We met through my my original site. She discovered me on a random search, and saw what I had to offer in terms of intellect. After reading much of my site (including a decent amount of my archives), she wanted to meet me.

Now, I'm not the sort of guy who was looking for a relationship, and I certainly didn't look to the Internet to give me such options. Far too many of my friends had tried the "Internet dating" thing, and warned me of meeting with her. It took her two weeks of hounding me before I consented to seeing her. Thank God I did. She is my perfect soulmate. As intelligent as I am (I believe she is much smarter than I am, actually), and wise beyond her young years. (She is only 20.) What I discovered in her was a love of life, a love of knowledge, and a love of nation unlike anyone I had met before. Simply put, this match was envisioned in Heaven, and made manifest through the Hands of Providence.

Why do I say congratulations are in order today? Is it our anniversary? No, we've only been married seven-plus months. Is it an extra special day, possibly in advance of Mother's Day? Alas no, we are both Catholic, and devout in our beliefs. (Another reason I love my wife because she brought me back to the Church after I had left it many years ago.)

No, congratulations are in order because my wife -- Marcie: The love of my life, the light of my life; my heart and soul -- is graduating college today. It is 4:25 p.m. right now, and in less than three hours, she will be accepting her Bachelor's in English and History, and this fall she will move onto her dream of becoming a lawyer.

This dream didn't come to her from a passing fancy. Her brother serves in Afghanistan as an Army Ranger, and he, too, was studying to be a lawyer. But on 11 September, he knew his nation needed him. He signed off on his final year of law school, and enlisted in the Army to fight this nation's enemies that wanted to kill us. She had the calling in her heart to follow in her brother's footsteps. Not so much as he did (he returned to give his sister away to me on our wedding day, and told her not to follow too closely in his footsteps) but to finish what he started. Now, he has finished his final year, and he has taken the Bar, but the simple fact of the matter is that he does understand the gravity of this war. He will come home when this war is done.

But her journey is just beginning. And tonight, she takes the next step. She will accept the dgree of her accomplishments up to this point, and look to the horizon for what is yet to come. And she won't do this alone. Not only does she have the grace of God on her side, but I'll be right here next to her.

My wife has accomplsished a great deal of work, and in less time than most people said she could. She has worked her @$$ off to get this far, and she should suffer no disdain from anyone over these accomplishments. I love her in more ways than words can state, and I am very, very proud of her.

It's not often that I use this forum to discuss such personal things. We are, after all, serious individuals that take our jobs in the blogosphere actively and resolutely. We address our columns the same way. But the day demands recognition in my eyes, and I did exactly that.

I love my wife immensely, and I will have nothing but pride and love as I watch her recieve the degree she has so richly and rightly deserved.

Publius II

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcie,

I am so happy that you are graduating today. I share Thomas's pride in you, and you should feel the same. You have worked so hard to achieve this point in your life.

The two of you mean so very much to me. You have been my friends and my surrogate family when times were tough. I could not thank either of you enough for what you have done to make my life as good as it has been.

And I cannot thank you enough for being there for mne when I needed someone that was like a "sister" to me when I needed it most. What sort of a friend would I be if I didn't pass on a big CONGRATULATIONS to you?

It has been an honor and a pleasure knowing you and your husband, and working with the two of you. Here's to your future, mt dear.

Sabrina

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

weight loss product